Monday, February 9, 2009

Music Monday

Happy Monday!

I had a great weekend with my family but I'll post more on that later once I get some pics from the sister.

I decided to start Music Monday (MM).. well, I guess so that I'd have something to say. :) I'm a huge music fan and love going to shows, festivals and finding new bands.

To kick off MM, it is my pleasure to introduce.. Sigur Ros .



This band hails from Iceland, and rightly claim to bring you the beautiful landscape of their homeland with their music. Their website states it is impossible to fully justify their sound with words and I must agree. For starters, some lyrics cannot even be translated because they are sung in 'hopelandic'. This is a form of gibberish vocals that fits to the music and acts as another instrument. And for a little tidbit, they had a song that was featured at the end of the movie Vanilla Sky.
Listen with an open mind, the music is different but it does grow on you. Enjoy!!

Sorry, I'm not very computer savvy.. I'll work on learning how to put up pictures and tracks and try to have them up soon.

1 comment:

  1. So I have the perfect review for this Monday. Wesley Willis...check him out

    ReplyDelete